Monday, January 7, 2008

The Joys of Starting Up Again!!

I'm back. Sorry for the lack of communication over the past several months. I've been here, there and everywhere. Literally. So I am back in the swing of it all and already have a story for you. It only happened a couple of hours into my first day back into dieting. But first before I go into that let me tell you what kind of things I've discovered about myself and dieting over the past few months.

I LOVE Jillian Michaels and her approach to fitness. Jillian was one of the trainers from the Biggest Loser. I watched the show for the first time from start to finish. I've watched it before but usually just an episode or two per season. This year was different because my sister was college friends with one of the contestants on the black team. Anyway, I purchased Jillian's book Winning by Losing which is absolutely amazing and would recommend it to anyone of any fitness level. I now have a lot of direction for what I need to do for myself.

To make a long story short, I think my problems with losing the weight earlier in the year came from all the things that were going on and the stress I was putting myself under. I had a Dr.'s appointment today and she seemed to agree that that was more than likely the cause. I am really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and discovering a smaller me!!

Not much is changing with what I'm doing. I was able to find out how my body metabolizes food and the formula for figuring out what my calorie intake should be. So now I know what foods to eat and what percentages of fat, proteins and carbs to consume per meal. I think that is the short of it all. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Ok. So back to the funny story. Well, I thought it was funny. I'm not sure you will think so. Jillian has this water she recommends drinking for 7 days to help rid your body of 5-7 pounds of excess water weight. It consists of distilled water, sugar free cranberry juice, lemon juice and dandelion root tea. All of which I am not a huge fan of. So I made the drink Sunday for Monday. I knew it was going to be terrible so I automatically plugged my nose and decided to just do it. That's what I did but at what I thought was more than half way through the glass, I need to stop for air. Well, I was barely a fourth of the way through it and I started feeling a small gag reflex coming on. I decided to start drinking it again and stop thinking about it so much. So within the first gulp I puked the water up all over the kitchen. So much for that. At lunch I decided to try again. This time I decided not let the tea sit so long in the water. I am now ready to try again except this time I decide not to unplug my nose if I needed to come up for air. I got that second glass all the way down. Yay for me!!!! So I attempted a third. I pushed my luck on that one. I barely made it through a fourth of the cup before it all came back up agian. I am waving the white flag! I tried and won't try that again for a very long time. LOL.

Thanks for sticking this out with me and supporting me through all of this!!

1 comment:

Sukhaloka said...

Hey Shannon, good to see you back!
I don't think the water matters so much as long as you're doing the other things right, hehe. Good luck!