Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My dear friend, Sasha

There is no weigh in this week. Yesterday, instead of weighing in I had to go say my final goodbyes to a friend I grew up with. She passed away one week ago, today. It was sudden and unexpected. Sasha was very well loved and will be missed.

As for the diet, last week was just rough. Emotionally and just lack of time. It was unexpectedly crazy busy. Oh well. I did watch what I ate but I didn't count calories or journal. I was even snacking on carrots, cucumbers, avocados and tomatoes instead of other crap in the midst of all the sadness.

So you might be thinking, what will Shannon be doing to snap out of the funk. I have two motivations. Yesterday, I found out what dress and color I will be wearing in a wedding in July. The dress is beautiful, the color is burnt orange. There are 3 colors and this was the color I did NOT want. I wanted the wine colored dress. Oh well. It's not as bad as I imagined but I am going to have to change the color of my hair a bit so that my hair doesn't look orange and lose a lot of weight so I don't look as much like a round pumpkin. I am hoping for 80 pounds. I have a little more than 5 months to kick ass in the losing weight department. That is about 16 pounds a month. My dream is to lose about half that within the next 6-8 weeks. My dress needs to be ordered by then and the less they will have to alter, the better. I am a big girl so the 80 pounds is a lot to lose but not a complete stretch either. That would also put me at 250 pounds. Still not light but compared to what I look like now, I will be smokin' hot. Or as the blog says, I'll be...

Bringing Sexy Back

The second motivator is the $1000 weight loss competition that I have organized. That's right, you read that correctly. The family has started another weight loss competition that will extend through May 7. Check out the competition blog thebiggestfamilyloser.blogspot.com. This time around we addded friends to the competition.

I am currently, as we speak, in the process of posting pictures of the burnt orange dress all over everywhere. So far the refrigerator at work has 6 dresses taped to the inside and outside of the refrigerator. I have one on my monitor and soon there will be one over my phone. I am going to go searching for pictures of a $1000 bill to add to the collection. I think I will post a picture of the dress on this blog. It will be everywhere I am at all times.

See you next week with my new weigh in results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss... I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

You can do it !!!! I know you will kick ASS and win. By the way Madison spelled the word for me so that I wrote it correctly :) LOL