Friday, February 8, 2008

I have a new love!!

And it's called racquetball. On Superbowl Sunday, I was over at a friends house and I got to experience the Wii for the first time. It was so much fun!! My best friend and I played tennis. We had so much fun and I remembered that we have racquetball courts at our gym. So I recommended that we pick up the sport.

Vanessa and I have two weekly dates. Lunch on Wednesday and the gym on Thursday after her kids are in bed. We never miss lunch and always forget the gym. I think we've made it to the gym twice over the past 2-3 months. We have finally found our motivation for our Thursday night gym time. I am so excited. It's also great exercise. I looked it up I burned about 1000 calories playing last night. I felt great but by the time I got home and showered I could hardly walk. So, i pulled out the myoflex, motrin and heating pad and got busy nursing my wounds.

This morning, i tried something new... water aerobics. I've been wanting to try it out for almost a year now but either forgot about it or I was too tired to get out of bed for it on Friday morning. I got my ass kicked. I was pleasantly surprised. I was still in some pain from racquetball the night before so the nonstop leg exercises in the pool were pretty brutal. Nothing the hot tub water fall couldn't fix :O)

See you on Monday, unless i come up with another reason to blog!

3 comments:

Amber said...

So is the new love racquetball and water aerobics or just racquetball?

The key to any exercise if finding the one you love! I will have to take you on when I see you this summer.

Love you, you can do it...I secretly hope you kick my butt in this competition. If I don't win...you are the next person who should!

Sukhaloka said...

Yay, that sounds good!
I love aerobics, I'm getting really fond of doing it at home. Not sure if there are water aerobics facilities here, but anyway I love doing things on my own so I guess it's out till I have a pool of my own :P

Shannon said...

Amber: The new love is racquetball. Although I did love how much water aerobics kicked my butt. It felt way more effective than the treadmill.

You're on. By then, I should be able to actually play a game instead of just hitting the ball around.

Thank you for secretly hoping that I kick your butt. We all deserve it. I just hope my hard work actually pays off this time around.

Suki: I did love that class. It worked me out good. I'm glad I was able to find 2 things that I love at the gym this week.