Monday, February 4, 2008

What A Week!!

So between traveling and PMS I gained .8 pounds. I stayed within my caloric intake and I wasn't bad at all. I even had about 6 moments this weekend where I was proud of myself. I guess that's ok. It could be worse. So much for that 8 pound loss. It's a new week with hopefully new determination. Thank you guys for all of your love and support. I love it when you comment on my blog.

This week I really need to concentrate on actually making it to the gym. For some reason that has been a challenge for me this time around. I think it has to do with the condition of my back and my left foot. I bought some new tennis shoes over the weekend so hopefully that will help my foot. I really hope that my shoes were the problem because if not then I just wasted money on shoes that I didn't need. Then there is my back. It's in terrible shape. For those of you that don't know this about me, I trained to become a massage therapist and let me just say that ignorance is bliss. I would probably still be in pain but I wouldn't be as aware of the pain. Does that make sense? I decided this morning at the gym that I was going to get better about doing an all around stretch. I've been stretching just not every part of me.

I signed up for Curves! I am NOT a morning person and the morning lady at Curves is a little irratating to me. So I just need to bite the bullet and go.

So this weekend was extremely stressful. I was put in a horrible situation during my business trip to Dallas. On my way home I was extremely distressed and upset and I wanted a sweet tea from Chickfila to soothe my pain. You would be proud of me. I passed them all and never stopped to get one. You have no idea how hard that was. I am an emotional eater, happy or sad. I was in an emotional crisis and completely passed up the opportunity to feed my pain over and over again. Yay for me!

Please keep my back and foot in your prayers. I am already off to a difficult start this week. It is now Tuesday and still haven't made it in to the gym. We have our first weigh in for the family competition on Thursady and I would like to drop a little more before then.

Have a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My god, did the one who worked there in the mornings at the one I went to transfer to yours? bring a mp3 and listen to your own tunes, switch when you see others switching and that way she can't bug you LOL

Shannon said...

LOL. They probably shipped her south thinking that southern people would be nicer to her in her morning when she pulls out the burst of perkiness.

When I walked in to sign up, my first thought was I am definitely bringing my ipod to drown out the music. It's terrible!! I know I am going to love it once I get there.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes it is indeed TERRIBLE.

I wish I could afford it, but it's still tight for us... I did like it because it went so FAST and I was getting healthy, feeling good, and losing weight. I hope you can stick it out, BUT YES BRING YOUR IPOD LOL!