Monday, August 20, 2007

I DID it. It's time to make up for LOST time!!!

I actually made it to the gym this morning and I am already feeling so much better. Are you proud of me? I am. I'm feeling a little tired though. I was just feeling like I was going to be able to do it by the end of the week and then the weekend hit. My best friend and her family lived with me for a few months and they are in the process of moving out so I've been trying to move back into the master bedroom. That was my project for the weekend and although my house is nowhere near being put together the bulk of it is done. YAY! Sometimes I feel like a professional mover. I worked in the evenings also. So it was early mornings and late nights all weekend. So I am back to being exhausted but its a different kind of exhausted. One that I feel like I can handle.

My weight is on the rise again. I thought I was doing better but I guess not. I was watching what I was eating but wasn't counting and journaling. I am up close to 10 pounds since I fell off about 2 months ago but I am back in business. I expect to make up for lost time this week and be back where I left off by this time next week. It's amazing what 2 months of stress and depression can do to you!

As for the confrontation that was going to happen, it never happend. But it will. I HATE confrontation but I feel I have to do it. I wrote a letter and I will hand it to this person as soon as they are around. I missed my window this weekend. Too much going on. Just keep praying. I don't know how its going to be taken but i am hoping for a really good outcome. Part of me wonders if I should still go through with it.

I'm thinking about signing back up for Weight Watchers. I really like some of their online tools. So I might sign up for that. It's so much cheaper. I think. I will be looking into that today.

The Goals:
1. Journal all food and exercise
2. Stand up for myself
3. Make it to the gym daily
4. Lose 9.8 pounds (this takes me back to where I was before life was turned upside down)

I have been making these goals for the past few months but this is the week that I will actually hit them!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I am proud of you for making it the gyym! Keep up the fight for better health. It's a worthy battle.

Also, follow through with the letter. Confrontation is never fun or easy, but sometimes necessary. This is simply standing up for yourself. I love you both and will be praying for you to be able to share your heart with love and for the other person to be able to receive it in love.

Sukhaloka said...

Do you listen to Linkin Park? Have a go - they're inspiring in a crisis.

As I said before, good luck with the confrontation. I know it's really hard, but spare yourself a thought. Would you rather write him(that's a general pronoun) a series of letters he may or may not answer, or talk to him and watch his reactions while trying your best to control yours?

As Amber says, "This is simply standing up for yourself."
We pray for you. :)

Brian and Julie Woolery said...

hey! how did the week go? i've done weight watchers online before and really liked it... the journal part is helpful, but my favorite thing was all the great recipes they have online. hope you're having a great weekend! love ya!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the support gals and welcome to my blog suki. I'm glad to have you as one of my readers. It's been awhile since i've listened to Linkin Park. I'll have to reconnect with them again.