Sunday, August 26, 2007

No more goal setting...

I'm done setting goals for awhile. I'm tired of not getting anywhere close to them. Maybe the trick is to not set them. I don't know what I was thinking setting goals like that considering what I knew my week was going to be like. Here is a summary of the week.

Monday: Got up and made it to the gym at 4am. Yay for me! I went to work and prepared for my sisters arrival. We lined the driveway with Christmas lights to "roll out the red carpet." She has been living in India for the past 2 years and moved home Monday. Only for a short time though, she's moving to Cali. Well, on our way out the door to the airport, I dropped my really heavy camera on the top of my foot. I thought it was broken for a couple of days. It instantly went numb, bruised and swelled. I've come to the conslusion that I bruised the bone and had a little nerve damage.

Wednesday: Car shopping all day with my sister and aunt.

Friday: Had a knock down drag out fight with my bank. Shopping all day with mom and sister. Last outing with my best friend before she moved away.

Saturday: Moved my best friend and her family out of my house. Attempted to start putting the house back together.

Sunday: Putting the house back together for next weekend. Working to put stuff together for next week and packing my bags.

It's been a pretty emotional week and weekend. I'm glad its just about over. I need to find my motivation again. Somewhere along the way I lost it and need to get it back. No goal setting this week. I am going to try though. We are have a staff retreat this week and the hotel we are staying in is across the street from my gym. So maybe i won't have to get up so early and it will make it an easier adjustment.

I didn't join WW online this week. It's too much money. Well not really just too much for all the stuff I need to pay for in the next couple of months.

I still haven't handed the letter off either, due to circumstances. I will hand it off later this week. So keep praying.

Have i left anything out? Just keep praying that I find my motivation. I'll be in meeting all day Mon., Tues., and Wednesday. So you might hear from me as I watch the snack foods in the meeting call my name in either pure boredom or annoyance.

5 comments:

Desiree said...

Hey Shannon, I read your blog and if you want to do WW and not have to pay weekly and do the weigh ins, do what I did. I bought the WW starter kit on Ebay for like $35. It has everything you need and it worked great for me. Hope that helps!

Amber said...

I will be praying you getting your motivation back. Also that you enjoy driving to Cali with Alicia. Are you doing that? I think you are. Anyhow, love you and cannot wait to see your weight go down. It'll happen.

Claudia said...

Motivation is something that is scarce isnt it :( for me too, me too...

Shannon said...

I think I'm getting it back. Not goal setting this week has been a big help. I'm not putting myself under any pressure to hit goals. I'm just being me this week.

Shannon said...

Thanks for the suggestion Desiree. I actually have 3 sets of starter kits. I like the online tools for recipes and the activitiy finder. I am actually still journaling in one of my journals.