Monday, September 17, 2007

I am so discouraged

But not near to the point of quitting. I just weighed in at the gym and in spite of a great week of working out and dieting I managed to gain weight. I am SOOOOO frustrated. You cannot even imagine. I am going to keep trying and perserving but its really tough. I have a hard enough time making time for me. I would really like to see the benefits of that. I know even if I don't lose weight I am still a healthier me by making myself a priority.

Here are the positives for the week.
1. I made it to the gym 5x this week. It was an extremely BUSY week but I did it anyway. I was even there are 1:00am.
2. I'm not feeling condifent about this right now but I found some direction in my dieting and working out.
3. I only stepped on the scale twice. Once to weigh-in and the other time because I am a little OCD.
4. I journaled almost everday.
5. On most days I was drinking about 5-6 bottles of water. That is 80-96 oz of water a day.

Here are this weeks changes.
1. I am back to being extremely anal about what I eat. The measureing spoons, cups and scale are on their way back into my purse. The spray buter might be traveling too.
2. No sweet tea. It was my one treat. Even though the calories were accounted for and I have really limited my intake, I have to cut somewhere and that is one of the only ways to do so at this point. I am at a loss.
3. I am increasing the amount of time spent at the gym. I plan on going everyday and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I plan to go twice a day. I was reading my biggest loser diet book and it recommended cuting any weights out the first four weeks. So for now I am taking a break from that.

Is there anything I'm missing? Did I leave anything out? Do you have any suggestions for me?

4 comments:

Sukhaloka said...

I'm really the last person who should be talking here, but I'm slightly worried about you now.

Sure you aren't putting your body into starvation mode? That will make you gain weight if you reduce calories and increase exercise beyond a certain point. Stress doesn't help either... overweight people get worse, underweight people become skeletons. Take care of how you feel, Shannon! The rest can wait a bit, but you got to be at peace mentally.

Anonymous said...

Muscle weighs more remember... You are getting healthy regardless. Chin up!

Shannon said...

Hi Suki. Thanks for the support. That was one thing I was worried about. Either eating too much or not enough. I think I found the solution. I am going to blog more about it soon.

Shannon said...

Thanks Claudia :O)