Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm making some changes

I went to the gym last night and got on the scale. I had only lost .2 so far this week. I get on it way too much. I've got to work on that. It was a little discouraging because I used to lose weight a lot easier than I do now. I used to barely try and drop like 3 to 4 pounds a week and now I really try everyday and I get practically no where. I know I need to give myself time. It just gets a little frustrating. I keep thinking that I haven't hit 30 yet so I shouldn't be having any problems but my actual body age is much older than I really am and it makes me wonder if that is a factor.

With all that said, I was trying to do some brainstorming on the treadmill last night. You see, I've been having a hard time deciding what my body really needs to lose weight. I am following Weight Watchers and they changed how you figure points. The new way actually gave me an extra 6 points. I'm sure your not intereted in the back and forth nature of my thought process so I am going to just sum it up by saying that I didn't know if I was eating too much or eating too little. Neither is good for you and I was overwhelmed with what I should be doing. Even my exercise routine was in question. I am a big girl so what I do is going to be different from the average joe trying to lose weight. I want to do this right but its hard to get the answers you need on a limited budget. The cost of buying healthy food alone is enough to strech it. I was really seeking God for some answers.

After working out, I needed to go to Walmart to get a few grocery items and a new food journal. I want to get really specific and not so general when it comes to journaling my food intake. I want to make sure the right foods and variety of foods are being consumed. I was roaming the isles and ended up in the books where The Biggest Loser diet book was jumping off the shelf at me. I was curious. Most of those people were simular in size and have the same needs as me. To make another long banter short, the book answered all of my questions on diet, calorie intake and workout routines. It confirmed a lot, gave me the direction I needed and took away any self doubt that I had. I will be making some changes but nothing major. I just skimmed it last night and hope to read it in greater detail tonight and lay out a new game plan.

No comments: