Monday, September 10, 2007

Overcoming the usual obstacles

I hit the dieting/fitness road pretty hard at the beginning of the week. But then Thursday night came along... I had a long night with my best friend Vanessa and her son (my nephew), Brandon. To make a long story sort I ended up in the hospital with them because Brandon had croup and was having a difficult time breathing.

Now if you look back at my track record, everytime I get serious about dieting and my mind is in it as well, I end up in the hospital or going through a difficult time with loved ones. One of my biggest attributes, becomes one of my biggest hurdles to overcome. I have a big heart and will do anything for those I love. In order to take care of others I abandon myself. Neither way is fair. I can't abandon the needs of my loved ones so I can lose a few but I can't just over look my need either. I don't know if you know what its like to staying in hospitals or helping out loved ones but that kind of living encourages vending machines, fast food and meals prepared by other people complete with yummy desserts. Not exactly easy for keeping the pounds off.

I am proud to say that I was sucessfully able to lose 1.5 pounds this week with my small hospital stay. Yay for me! Don't get me wrong I still ate the cheeseburger cassarole, garlic bread and the moist, gewy brownies that were brought to us but over that 24 hour period I made some good choices and a conscience effort not to screw it up.

My track record (Just this year alone):
April 2007 - Cousins little girl in the hospital for 2 weeks. Took care of the boys by day and was up at the hospital by night. Weight gained was 3.8 pounds

June 2007 - Finally started losing consistantly after the long struggle of gaining when I was being near perfect in my dieting routines.

June-Aug 2007 - Towards the end of June, I ended up in the ER with my best friend Jennifer. That was a month long issue with tests and Dr.'s appontments. This went on through the end of July. As well as her health issues, she was trying to move her family to another city a few hours away. They were living with me so there was the added stress in the house with job hunting and moving issues. Weight gained was 6 pounds.

September 2007 - The Biggest Family Loser competition is off to a great start and so was I. Brandon goes into the hospital and I LOSE 1.5 pounds. It's a small number but a big victory!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yeah for you! I am so proud of you. I am not doing as well. Technically I have gained weight by what I gave you...but really I am maintaining where I have been for awhile now.

Anyhow...today I had a small piece of chocolate cheesecakes and half a piece of devil's chcolate cake with yummy white icing.

Keep up the work...you can do it. I need get my kick it into high gear to catch up with you!