Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Major Test of Willpower

Why do i have to be tested so early in the game? For those of you who know me, you know how much I love and need sleep. For me to fuction well a good 9 hours of sleep a night is needed and if I'm lucky, a nap mid day. I usually get between 7 & 8 hours a night which for most people is a great nights sleep. Not me... It is almost like having my teeth pulled to get out of bed as early as I have to now.

This morning when it was time to get out of bed, all I could hear was the pitter patter of rain on the roof. It is the most soothing sound for me especially when I'm sleeping. It took every fiber of my being not to talk myself out of going to the gym but I did it!!

The other test I was put to was the treadmill. Sigh... I like to spend 45-60 minutes on the treadmill. Usually I shoot for 60. My problem, I get BORED!! And today was no exception. I was so bored and so exhausted. I only got 5-5 1/2 hours of sleep. So 60 minutes seemed like an impossible task. I don't function well when I'm tired and I talk myself out of so much when I'm that tired. I thank God everyday for my ipod and the music on it. Each song got me through another couple of min. I don't think I'd make it 10 minutes without it. So, good news, I made it to 60 minutes!

One day down and many many more to go.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I balance the boredom of the treadmil by podcasts on itunes. So I challenge you to it and see what you think. Type in your itunes search engine "sandals church" and download the serires called INKED. Just try it. They are usually about 45 minutes long which is a great length. See if that helps the good old brain! It works miracles for me.

Shannon said...

I was actually think about that when I was talking to you earlier. I listened to the last one so far in the INKED series yesterday while I was at work.

Before we left for lunch, I download the series before INKED. I love the 23rd Psalm and thats what it is based on.