Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Workouts

I'm back into the full swing of things. My first almost complete workout was today and I am exhausted but I feel great. I thought I'd fill you in on my workout routine.

4:00 am - wakey wakey
4:15 am - finally hearing the alarm
4:30 am ish - out the door and on my way to the gym

Once at the gym:
5-10 minutes stretching
45-60 minutes cardio treadmill
15-20 minutes with the weights
5-10 minutes stretching again
10 minutes in the hot tub
10 minutes in the steam room

After all that is said and done its home for me to get ready for work. By the time I get to work it feels like half the day should be over but really it has just begun!!!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

IMPRESSIVE. I am beyond impressed my love!

Shannon said...

Thank you, Thank you!

Sukhaloka said...

Just happened to get to your blog, probably from Claudia's.

You go, lady! And I swear you have killer looks!

This post left me simply openmouthed with respect. Some people still get up at four in the morning!!! That's.. er.. wow! And after that kind of a workout you get in a full day!

You sure you aren't overdoing it and sending your body into famine mode? :O

(Sorry but I am just not familiar with weight loss mechanics. I gain some when I'm happy but lose it all under stress, so my only problem is keeping my weight in the right places! Sorry.. I really don't mean to be disrespectful in any way. Seriously, you rock!)

Shannon said...

Thank you! I wish I had your problem of lossing under stress. I would be surpassing all of my goals right now if that were the case!

I have to admit that getting to the gym that early nearly kills me at first. I am by far a morning person. If I had it my way morning would not start until 10 or 11 am.

I am able to successfully make it through the day after that workout. Believe it or not it actually makes the day a lot easier to get through.

I don't think that I was putting my body into famine mode. With Weight Watchers you get extra calories to eat when workout. I have a thing that helps me figure out what I've earned.

I'm so glad you joined my blog. Keep the comments coming. I love them!!!